How to change your default Index page in .htaccess
To change the default index page in .htaccess, you can follow these steps:
- Login into cPanel
- Navigate to Files, then click File Manager
- Make sure that the Show Hidden Files checkbox is selected and click Save.
- Search for .htaccess file. If there is no .htaccess file in your root directory, create a new one.
- Right-click the .htaccess file and click Edit
- Add the following line of code to the top of the .htaccess file:
- Replace "newindexfile.html" with the name of the file you want to use as your default index page. For example, if you want to use "home.html" as your default index page, the code would be:
- Save the changes to the .htaccess file and upload it to the root directory of your website.
Test your website to make sure the new index page is working properly.
Note: Make sure that the file you have set as the default index page is located in the root directory of your website. If the file is located in a subdirectory, you will need to specify the path to the file in the DirectoryIndex directive. For example:
Updated 28 days ago